Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wedding day


 A bit more background on the reasons for us being gone and now back.  

Mere weeks after starting a new job (weeks!) the Notorious and I pulled off a wedding.


On March 12th, 2011, I married my number one in a perfectly quirky ceremony that was perfectly us. Our numbers were small but we lived large.

We arranged a private trolley tour of Philadelphia for our limited gathering of family and friends. 
Which was a rip roaring success. So successful, my 2-year old niece shouted to me from several rows up, “E! E! I like Philly E. I like Philly.” Trolleys are a hit with the tiny people set.

We popped on and off at a couple of Philly sights and had “planned” to get hitched at one of them. Well, we never picked one and the tour was coming to a close. So, we headed to the 2nd Bank of the United States on a whim. 
 

That whim being – it has pretty steps. There we exchanged our vows and toasted with champagne in a can before heading to a private dinner nearby.
A tip for anyone marrying in a Quaker Ceremony. First and foremost, when there is no officiant...

...make sure you know which hand to put the ring on. Or just switch it when your sister tells you your error.

No less of a success despite it's beautiful bumps. It was without fanfare. And we accomplished the mission of getting married. I’m pretty sure that’s what weddings are still about. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment