Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Day in the Life

We have officially moved in. We are in residence. Aaannnndddd this concludes the blog. It’s been real people…. 

I kid. The super fun has just begun. Here’s a day in the life of me, now that I live in chaos in house form. Wait a minute, there’s order in chaos. Will work on another comparison.

Wake up on the 3rd floor.  

PTG for life homeys.

Even tho I leave some 45 minutes to an hour later, I bid my farewell to the Notorious upon waking. You know, people often try to quantify their love for one another. “I love you more than there are stars in the sky.” “I love you more than there is sand on the beach.” Whatevs. I love the Notorious two flights of stairs. Cause I’m not walking back up a full three to get that last embrace.

Next stop, giant room closet to pick up scrubs and such. 2nd floor.

Only slightly less awesome than the original due to clutter. There’s more stuff in there now than there are stars in the sky.

Then, it’s downstairs to the wash room. Where I wear flip-flops to shower. Notorious Britney’s it up with bare feet. Or, he secretly wears my flip-flops. God I hope he secretly wears my flip-flops.
Cannot quite call it a bathroom. Or even a restroom. Am pretty sure it has to have a sink to qualify as either. 

1st floor. Side note, it's a serious bummer if you have to whizz in the middle of the nite. 3rd floor to 1st floor with the whackest placed light switches ever. Seriously, it could not be any less convenient. Really, did you see the light fixture in the above picture? Shower with shoes on, lights off for a comprehensive approach to safety.

So, the sink we do use, the only sink we have in the entire house, is in the previously condemned kitchen. Whaddya want from me? My hand has been forced.


At least there’s a linen closet to keep clean towels.


All this up, down, over, and out makes me hungry. Next stop, 1st floor Liv-itchen.

Once I’ve picked up my cold, microwaved or toaster ovened food item/s, I head to catch some AM news. Back up to the TV room on 2. Giant room closet adjacent.




Back down to THE sink to rinse. Now, the catfaces are here too. So, it’s down to Catlandia (aka the basement) to refresh their water, say morning to the ladies, and gaze at the empty baskets they NEVER sleep in.
 

And finally, TTG. Time to go to work for 300hrs straight and then do it all over again.

The kittenheads do come upstairs, but only when supervised. They can’t be trusted. At this point, Catlandia is the safest place for them. Lemon already made a move for the space between the floors. A little hard to see, but the space is on the Notorious’ 11.


We’d have to send Bubbs in to retrieve her. Which would totally work.

You can also see the progress with the bathroom on the Notorious’ 11, 10, 9, 8, etc. That’s a whole other story. We are on our third tub now. They’re delivered cracked pretty much every day.

Speaking of crack. The Notorious was recently ruminating how we kinda live like crackheads now. And we kinda do. Or how we imagine crackheads live. Slightly creepy spaces. Sparsely furnished. Cats in the walls.

No offense to crackheads.

We've got plans for days, just no days for plans. Will keep you posted. Hoping things really move once the bathroom is finished.

e.

No comments:

Post a Comment